For employment as a full-time employee as a speech pathologist, you may be eligible for partial cancellation of their Perkins Loan made on or after August 14, 2008, if you meet certain criteria.
- A speech pathologist is someone who evaluates or treats disorders that affect a person’s speech; language; cognition; voice; swallowing and the rehabilitative or corrective treatment of physical or cognitive deficits/disorders resulting in difficulty with communication, swallowing, or both
- has obtained a postgraduate academic degree awarded after the completion of an academic program of up to six years in duration (excluding a doctorate or professional degree)
- the speech pathologist must have a master’s degree
- be working exclusively with Title 1–eligible schools
Cacnellation Rates for Speech Pathologist (at Title 1 School)
- first and second years; 15% of the original principal loan amount, plus the interest that accrued during the year.
- third and fourth years; 20% of the original principal loan amount, plus the interest that accrued during the year.
- fifth year; 30% of the original principal loan amount, plus any interest that accrued during the year.