BadgerPay is a payment plan that provides a convenient option for paying the student account balance through regularly scheduled payments.
The BadgerPay payment plan is available to all students for Fall and Spring semesters (not available for Summer).
Cost to Participate
A nonrefundable $50 plan enrollment fee will be due at the time of enrollment into BadgerPay. This $50 fee is charged each semester you choose to enroll in the BadgerPay payment plan.
BadgerPay Sign-Up Availability
Fall 2022 semester
- BadgerPay enrollment opens August 24, 2022, and must be completed prior to the due date noted on your student account bill. (When you complete the enrollment, you will also make your first installment via eCheck or Credit Card.)
- Second Installment due: October 14, 2022
- Third installment due: November 11, 2022
Spring 2023 semester
- BadgerPay enrollment opens January 11, 2023, and must be completed prior to the due date noted on your student account bill. (When you complete the enrollment, you will also make your first installment via eCheck or Credit Card.)
- Second Installment due: March 3, 2023
- Third installment due: March 31, 2023
*All past due amounts must be paid in full to sign up for the BadgerPay Payment Plan.
*Enrollment must be completed for each semester (Fall or Spring terms) that you wish to participate in BadgerPay.
*Enrollment and first payment must be completed online, in a single installment.
*For students who choose not to activate BadgerPay, the student account due dates will be September 16, 2022 (Fall 2022 term) and February 3, 2023 (Spring 2023 term).
How to Enroll
Both students and Authorized Payers can sign up for BadgerPay. BadgerPay enrollment must be completed online!
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Select an installment payment plan
- From the MyUW Student Center, select Financial Account. Navigate to the Manage My Payment section, then select “Manage My Payment” to open the Student Account eBill/ePayment site
- On the Student Account eBill/ePayment Overview page, navigate to the Payment Plans section and select “View payment plan options”
Review the plan and accept
On the plan information page, you will be able to review your total payment plan amount, your payment schedule listing amounts and due dates, and your plan details.
- Select ‘Enroll in plan’ to continue your BadgerPay enrollment
- Accept the eSignature disclosure
- Review all the information in the terms and conditions, select ‘I Agree’, then select ‘Continue’
- You will then be prompted to select a payment option to make the first installment. Use the drop-down menu to select a saved account or enter new payment information
NOTE: The initial BadgerPay installment must be paid online during enrollment.
Set up Automatic Payments
You may choose to set up Automatic Payments for the BadgerPay installment plan.
- On the Student Account eBill/ePayment site, under Payment Plans, select ‘Set up auto pay’
- Choose an existing saved account or enter new payment information to use for your automatic payments
- The remaining BadgerPay payments for the current term will be automatically posted according to the payment method you select
Setting up Automatic Payments is optional – if you do not enroll for Automatic Payments, you will need to make manual payments for the remaining installments.
BadgerPay and Financial Aid
Anticipated aid will appear on your eBill; however, this financial aid will not be reflected in your BadgerPay budget amount until it has been disbursed to your account.
We recommend that you sign up for BadgerPay after your financial aid has disbursed (for Fall 2022: between August 29th and your due date and for Spring 2023: between January 16th and your due date) so the payment plan more accurately reflects your student account balance.
Phone: (608) 262-3611
Fax: (608) 265-3201