How to add another person, such as a parent, to a student’s account. This person is considered an “Authorized Payer.” Authorized Payers have access to view a student’s account and also have the option to pay a student’s bill.
How to add an authorized payer
From the student’s MyUW Student Center:
- Select “Financial Account”
- Navigate to the Manage My Payment section, then select “Manage My Payment”
- Select your name to view your profile (upper right hand corner)
- Select “Send a Payer Invitation” under the Payers section
- Enter all required information
- Add optional message to be included in Authorized Payer notification
The email address should be the Authorized Payer’s email.
You may set up multiple Authorized Payers if necessary: just repeat this Authorized Payer setup process.
- The Authorized Payer will receive an email with their username, temporary password and a link to the login page. Temporary passwords expire after 48 hours.
- Login using the temporary password. The site will prompt you to change your password.
- Create a security question.
Phone: (608) 262-3611
Fax: (608) 265-3201