How to add another person, such as a parent, to a student’s tuition account. This person is considered an “Authorized Payer.” Authorized Payers have access to view a student’s tuition account and also have the option to pay a student’s tuition bill.
How to add an authorized payer
From the student’s MyUW Student Center:
- Select “Financial Account”
- Navigate to the Manage My Payment section, then select “Manage My Payment”
- Under “Your Authorized Payers (Parent PINs)”, select “Add New”
- Enter all required information
Set a unique username for your Authorized Payer. The username/Authorized Payer will be unique to tuition payments. For example, you will need a different Authorized Payer username to pay for housing. If you receive an error message that reads “Parent PIN already exists”, the username is already in use at UW-Madison and you must select a different Authorized Payer username.
The email address should be the Authorized Payer’s email.
You may set up multiple Authorized Payers if necessary: just repeat this Authorized Payer setup process.
- The Authorized Payer will receive an email containing their login name, a temporary password, and a link to the Tuition eBill/ePayment website.
- Login using the temporary password. The site will prompt you to change your password.
- Create a security question. If a security questions is not created, the student will have to reset the password for the authorized payer (if needed).
Phone: (608) 262-3611
Fax: (608) 265-3201