The Bursar’s Office manages student account billing and collection. You will find valuable information on our website on how to understand your student account bill, how to pay your account balance, and how to receive a refund.
The mission of the Bursar's Office is to provide cashiering and student loan services to our customers in an efficient, timely and customer oriented manner. This will be accomplished in accordance with the mission of the University of Wisconsin - Madison, by following regulations of all appropriate governing agencies and by implementing sound financial procedures and controls.
Student Services Provided
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Student Account Services for UW-Madison Students
- Assess and collect tuition and fee payments.
- Post financial aid disbursements and scholarships to student accounts.
- Coordinate tuition and fee waiver/remissions.
- Process tuition and fee refunds.
- Invoice and collect tuition and fee payments from third party sponsors paying student’s tuition and fee charges.
- Invoice and collect program payments for students enrolled in the abroad program through the Office of International Studies and Programs department.
Student Loan Accounting & Financial Aid Distribution Services
The Student Loan section of the Bursar’s Office provides student loan accounting services to UW-Madison and UW-Green Bay. Services include:
- Billing and receipt processing.
- Deferment, forbearance, and cancellation processing.
- Fund accounting and federal reporting.
- Prepares and maintains campus-based promissory notes.
- Provides entrance counseling, exit interviews and due diligence follow-up for campus-based student loans.
Terms and Conditions
Phone: (608) 262-3611
Fax: (608) 265-3201