Fall 2019 Tuition eBill, BadgerPay and Refund Information

With the start of the fall term coming soon, the Bursar’s Office wants to make sure you have the information you need regarding your tuition bill, financial aid disbursement, and any refund you are expecting.

When can I expect my tuition bill?

Fall tuition eBills will be published August 12th, 2019.

When the eBill is available we send an email to notify you and whoever you have set-up as an Authorized Payer.

How can my parent view and pay my tuition bill?

Set up a parent or other individual as an Authorized Payer through your MyUW Student Center. Select Financial Account, navigate to the Manage My Payment section then select “Manage My Payment”. Under “Your Authorized Payers (Parents PINS)”, select “Add New” and enter required information.  Information and instructions at:  https://bursar.wisc.edu/student-tuition-account/add-person-tuition-account

What payment methods are accepted at UW-Madison?

There are several payment methods accepted at UW-Madison, including ePayments (eCheck, credit card or foreign currency), in person payments and mailed payments. Information and instructions at: https://bursar.wisc.edu/student-tuition-account/payment-methods                                                             

What is BadgerPay?

BadgerPay is UW-Madison’s tuition payment plan.  BadgerPay provides a convenient means for paying tuition and fees through regularly scheduled payments. Students have the option to sign up for BadgerPay each semester; there is a $50 non-refundable activation fee.  Information and instructions at: https://bursar.wisc.edu/student-tuition-account/payment-methods/badgerpay

When can I expect my financial aid refund?

Fall refunds begin processing August 27th, 2019.

Loans, grants, scholarships you receive are applied to pay your tuition charges. If there are remaining funds, we issue a refund to you.

Exception: A check is mailed to the parent borrower for a Parent PLUS loan refund.

Note: Financial aid does NOT automatically pay housing, food, or book fees.  A refund can be used to pay these costs.

What is the fastest way to get my financial aid refund?

eRefund is the fastest way to receive your refund!  An eRefund is deposited directly into a personal checking or savings bank account.  Students who enroll for eRefund get their money 1-5 days faster than a mailed check.

Enroll for eRefund through your MyUW Student Center. Select Financial Account, navigate to the eRefund (Direct Deposit) section, then select “Manage eRefund Enrollment” to access the Tuition eBilling/ePayment site. In the eRefund Status section, select “Click here to enroll in eRefund” and enter required information.  Information and instructions at: https://bursar.wisc.edu/refunds/erefund-direct-deposit

If you prefer a paper check, verify your Mailing address on your MyUW Student Center “Profile” tile is correct. Please make sure to update your mailing address to your new address. If your address isn’t current, it can cause a delay in receiving your refund check.

Note: If you live in a residence hall, your check is mailed to that address.


Questions regarding tuition billing, BadgerPay, payments, or refunds can be directed to the Bursar’s Office at  (608) 262-3611 or tuition@bussvc.wisc.edu.