UW-Madison contracts with Heartland Educational Computer Systems, Inc. (Heartland ECSI) for the billing and electronic processing of payments on student loans serviced by UW-Madison.
Access your Heartland ECSI account to:
- Electronically sign your promissory note
- Complete your exit interview
- Access your electronic-bill; set up electronic one-time or recurring payments
- Download deferment/forbearance forms
- Download cancellation forms
- Manage your profile (update your contact information, email or mailing address)
- View your Heartland ECSI account online
How to access your Heartland ECSI account:
Log into your Heartland ECSI account.
- Select the “Sign In or Register” button located at the top right section of the screen.
- “Sign In to an existing profile” or “Register” if you need to create a new profile.
- To register and create a new profile:
- Create and enter a unique username, password and confirm password
- Enter the required information on the “Contact” screen
- Enter the required information on the “Address” screen
- Set up and answer three security questions
- Select “Sign In & Accept”
- Enter your newly created username and password.
- Answer the security question.
- On the Your School Accounts (Home Page) select “UW-Madison” to access your account. If your school does not appear, you will need to Connect an Account.
- Select the red plus sign located under the “Connect an Account” box.
- Enter your Heartland Key. If you do not know your Heartland Key, input the following information under Search for Heartland Key
- School code = R7
- Account number = SSN
- Select Search. Your Heartland Key should appear in the box.
If you have issues creating a new profile or connecting to your UW-Madison account, please contact ECSI Customer Service at (888) 549-3274.
Phone: (608) 262-1791
Fax: (608) 265-3201