Wire Transfer Refunds

For students that do not have a United States bank account and do not have a United States mailing address, wire transfer refunds are available via Western Union.

How can I request a wire transfer refund?

The UW-Madison Bursar’s Office will work to identify students who may qualify for a wire transfer refund. Once a student is identified, our office will contact the student with more information.

There may be a $20 transaction fee for processing wire transfer refunds in US Dollar.


Call the Bursar's Office

Phone: (608) 262-3611

Fax the Bursar's Office

Fax: (608) 265-3201

Bursar's Office hours

Monday – Friday
8 AM – 4PM

For staff development, on Wednesdays the customer service window may not open until 9:15 AM

Find the Bursar's Office

333 East Campus Mall #10501
Madison, WI 53715-1383